Susan has expertise and can provide advice and recommendations on the following family law issues:
- Cohabitation / Common Law Spouses
- Decision Making
- Child Support – base support and extra expenses
- Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Matrimonial Home
- Gifts and Inheritances
- Trust Interests
Susan uses the following processes to resolve family law issues:
- Collaborative Practice
- Couples work together, alongside their respective lawyers and other collaborative professionals, to create personalized resolutions of their family law issues.
- Communication that leads to a mutual resolution of identified family law issues.
- The mediator works as a neutral facilitator to help clients determine their issues, generate settlement options and evaluate their options in light of the circumstances.
Resolutions reached are typically incorporated into either:
- Separation Agreements
- Marriage Contracts
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Amending Agreements